The friends of Claude Debussy at Bichain
For information : MJ.Baeli-Fr-Inter-20/01022 - YouTube
Project : creation of a Claude Debussy Museum in Bichain
House located 28, route de Montereau
This modest country house, located in the hamlet of Bichain in Villeneuve-la-Guyard between Fontainebleau and Sens, was the summer residence of Claude Debussy between 1901 and 1903. There he composed one of the most beautiful pieces in the history of music: La Mer. Our project is to restore it in order to create a cultural space that will enhance our Burgundian territory and the French musical heritage.
The summers spent in Bichain by the composer have left an important memory among the inhabitants of the hamlet. This house, once restored, will be dedicated to the evocation of the life and work of Claude Debussy.
However, in its current state, the house cannot accommodate the public. It needs to be completely rehabilitated and restored, in order to regain its former charm, and to ensure the safety of visitors and staff. Important masonry, carpentry, electricity, plumbing and flooring work are to be planned.
This project represents a significant cost, which we cannot support alone. In spite of the public aids requested, the amount still payable remains consequent. This is why the City Council and the association have decided to open a public subscription in partnership with the Fondation du patrimoine. Individuals, friends of the municipality and of cultural heritage, companies, music lovers, you can help us in this adventure, by making a check or an online donation on the secure website of the Fondation du Patrimoine :
Many thanks for your support!
The Association Les Amis de Claude Debussy à Bichain is the coordinator of the project and the municipality the contracting authority..
President : Marie-Jeanne Baeli
Tel : 03 86 66 47 74
Website : debussyabichain.com
The General Assembly of the Association which was held on December 11, 2021 was largely devoted to the Maison Musée Claude Debussy project. It also voted the renewal of the Board of Directors to which two new members have been added. The board is now composed of :